See your scars as proof that you made it…not evidence that you almost didn’t.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Book Review: Where It Began

Where It Began

by Ann Redisch Stampler

Book Review

So, this isn’t a review site. Duh. But it is my site to discuss things that are important to me and this book is going to fall into that category. It was one of those books that when you finish you look the author up because you want to see the face of the person who wrote such beautiful words. Her name is Ann, just FYI. I wish I knew her. I wish I could call her on the phone and just talk to her. The way she writes makes me feel like I’m laid out on a hammock at my granny and papa’s, swinging back and forth in a cool breeze. Whatever the character is feeling, Ann has a way of pulling us right along with them and not necessarily by the words they say but how they say them and when. Love her writing.

The book itself chronicles the recovery of a teen named Gabby who has been in a horrific car accident. She lives in LA and while she herself has money, goes to school with kids who have way more than she does and gets caught up with the ‘in crowd’ when her mom decides it’s time for a makeover. The story itself isn’t earth shattering. It’s good, I like the point behind it and the characters but what blew me away was the writing. I mean, what else would you expect from a woman who says something like: “That folk tales last forever because they're so good, and that with great simplicity and wisdom, the best ones map the human heart.” on her Amazon page? Genius, I tell you. The woman is a genius.

Go read the book.

That is all.


See! Doesn't she look so nice?? Here are her links if you want to check her out, which you do.
http://www.goodreads.com/AnnStampler 

1 comments:

  1. Dear Christy,

    This review has to contain some of the nicest things anyone has every said about me as a writer. I'm a happy combination of grateful, humbled, and knocked out. Thank you so much.

    All the best,

    Ann

    ReplyDelete

© the Marvelous Misadventures of Mrs. t, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena